Monday, April 27, 2009

Church Manliness

A lot of scholars talk about the "feminization" of the church.  Some of them write very insightfully about it and there is undoubtedly some truth to it.  But there is also a lively masculine backlash in some churches.  My church has a large room with lots of sports memorabilia called the "Manzone."  Not really being into sports, its not my decor, but the room is well-packed for our wednesday night group.  The group also takes "fieldtrips" to huge buffets and the NRA museum (guns and gluttony).  Anyway, "Stuff Christians Like" had a guest-blog about Men's Retreats that was pretty funny.  Thought I'd share it.  


1 comment:

Bob Gorinski said...

nice blog...

it's a good thing 'cause I'VE already been doing this kind of thing for, like, 3 or 7 years or something.

Me. I.